Electrical Engineer - Corpus Christi, TX
- Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and/or transport our products, as our highest priority.
- Provide technical resources to support electrical maintenance efforts for troubleshooting assistance and supporting projects to deal with identified equipment. Lead and support electrical incident investigation with root cause analysis.
- Manage the identification, development, and implementation of new electrical power generation and maintenance PM programs.
- Provide technical support to production and maintenance organizations to evaluate and resolve maintenance problems.
- Prepare and justify cost estimates for plant electrical improvements and replacement of worn out equipment in compliance with health, safety and environmental standards.
- Monitor the facility's electrical operations and performance and facilitate the development of programs for improvement.
- Review facility electrical maintenance activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to all specifications, codes, and standards.
- Develop testing, monitoring and calibration procedures for electrical equipment.
- Monitor equipment performance and make recommendations to improve reliability and reduce cost.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of electrical maintenance experience in chemical manufacturing or related industry.
- Must be knowledgeable of electrical safety requirements as found in publications such as NFPA 70E.
- Experience with design, operation and maintenance of electrical equipment rated up to 138,000 volts.
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, speak and write in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a non-routine basis.
- Physical requirements – Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Additional Desired Qualifications
Ability to coordinate, design, and construct moderate to large projects dealing with the electrical distribution system.
Knowledge of Rectifiers.
Knowledge of NERC and SERC regulations.
Good working knowledge of SAP.
Selected applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test and a background check.
This job posting may not reflect all responsibilities, qualifications, requirements and/or physical demands of the position. Selected applicants will be provided with a full job description for review in order to confirm that they can perform the essential functions of the position.
Core Engineering LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please fill out the Core Engineering LLC Application for Employment below.