Senior Civil/Structural Designer – Houston, TX
- Ensure design compliance with respective client/company specifications and codes.
- Draft civil/structural plans under minimal supervision.
- Knowledgeable of basic civil material specifications so that all information required for material purchase, fabrication and construction is reflected on the finished drawings.
- Perform field related work collecting design information and verifying designs for tie-ins, function and clearances to existing facilities.
- Perform field support activities for engineering support during construction.
- Ability for check and back check drawings produced by drafting personnel.
- Interact with designers and engineers with the mechanical group, and from other disciplines, in a team environment to create multi-discipline design packages for construction forces.
- Work with client to resolve problems.
- 10+ years of AutoCAD and/or CADWorx experience in heavy industrial projects.
- Experience in pipe support design, foundation design, site grading and drainage plans, and site surveys.
- Experience with small to mid cap projects.
- Thorough understanding and efficiency with standard design and drafting practices.
- Code and plant specific standards knowledge and comprehension a must.
- TWIC card is required.
Selected applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test and a background check.
This job posting may not reflect all responsibilities, qualifications, requirements and/or physical demands of the position. Selected applicants will be provided with a full job description for review in order to confirm that they can perform the essential functions of the position.
Core Engineering LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please fill out the Core Engineering LLC Application for Employment below.