Maintenance Engineer - Corpus Christi, TX
- Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and/or transport our products as our highest priority
• Evaluate, design, and recommend changes in maintenance activities to increase reliability of existing equipment, reduce repair costs and minimize product interruptions
• Provide coordination between the Production, Project, Process and Corporate Engineering Departments regarding capital project implementation including preparation of AFE’s
• Provide ongoing engineering assistance to operations and maintenance. Troubleshoot process operating problems, investigate equipment failures, conduct special tests, develop reports and provide technical assistance as required
• Develop and institute plans for preventive/predictive maintenance on equipment, routine replacement of equipment and improvement of material of construction. Supervise installation, monitor performance and make recommendations to improve reliability and reduce cost
• Provide troubleshooting and technical support during planned and unplanned outages.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to read, write and speak in English
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a non-routine basis
• Physical requirements – Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms
Additional Desired Qualifications
• Experience with plant mechanical integrity programs and vibration analysis
• Experience with pumps, centrifugal compressors, centrifuges, cooling towers, gear boxes, refrigeration equipment, vacuum pumps and mechanical seals
• Good working knowledge of SAP.
Selected applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test and a background check.
This job posting may not reflect all responsibilities, qualifications, requirements and/or physical demands of the position. Selected applicants will be provided with a full job description for review in order to confirm that they can perform the essential functions of the position.
Core Engineering LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please fill out the Core Engineering LLC Application for Employment below.